A note from Seekonk Girls Softball League:
We hope this email finds you well and we just wanted to provide an update about our season in regards to Covid-19.
We are currently weighing all options and the SGSL Board will provide an update about our season on May 15, with the goal of making a final decision no later than June 5. The May 15 update will follow a decision by USA Softball of Massachusetts, which will decide whether or not to play June softball tournaments. USA Softball has already cancelled May softball tournaments, with the possibility of postponing them until August. We will also adhere to decisions made by the Umpire Assigners group and of course local Government.
Should a season be able to be played, it would start no later than June 30 and run through the end of July. Note that we may have to put some safety regulations in place for both players and spectators. We understand that some parents may not want their players to play no matter what and we will gladly accommodate - if this is the case, please let us know as soon as you can at [email protected]. If we are not able to play our season, refunds will be provided. Note that any refunds would follow after a final decision about the season and we will provide an update on refunds at that time.
Our number one concern is for the safety & health of the players and spectators and any decision we make will have that at the top of the list. We hope everyone understands and we wish we could be out on the softball fields right now. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you and stay safe,
Feel free to email [email protected] with any questions.