1. No score will be kept for Instructional games. As such there will be no team standings kept.
2. Game times will be no more than 75 minutes in duration, or 5 complete innings. A 3 inning game shall be considered a full game.
3. A Worth R.I.F (reduced injury factor) level 1 11 inch softball will be used.
1. A continuous batting order must be used; free defensive substitutions are allowed.
2. If a player arrives late to a game, the player may be used immediately as a defensive substitute. The player will be added to last position in the batting order and will take a turn at bat, even if the team has already batted through the line-up once. For example, if a team has 11 players to start a game, and a 12th player arrived during the game, that player will assume the 12 position in the batting order.
3. If a player needs to leave a game early simply remove the player from the line-up. The team will not take an out when the player is scheduled to bat. The player may not return to the line-up for the remainder of the game, but may be used as a defensive substitute.
4. If a player becomes injured and must leave the game an out will not be recorded for the player's turn at bat. The player may not return to the line-up once the player has missed her turn at bat, but may return as a defensive substitute.
Hitting and Base Running
1. No walking or stealing is allowed
2. There will be coach pitching
3. Batters must wear proper head gear when at the plate, which includes a helmet with a face guard.
4. There will be a maximum of 6 pitches per batter. If the batter has not put the ball in play after 6 pitches they will hit off the hitting tee.
5. There will be a maximum of 6 batters per half-inning. A half-inning will end after the 6th batter, or if 3 outs are recorded.
6. The batter will be allowed a maximum of one base for a ball hit in the infield, and a maximum of two bases for a ball hit beyond the infield with the liability of being put out.
7. Base runners may advance a maximum of one base for a ball hit to the infield, and a maximum of two bases for a ball hit beyond the infield with the liability of being put out.
8. Any batted ball touching the adult pitcher will constitute play being halted and no pitch being declared. The batter will return to the plate and resume the previous count, all base runners will return to the bases previously occupied. The adult pitcher must immediately attempt to get out of the way of defensive players once the ball has been pitched, and cannot impede a player from making a catch of throw.
9. Each player that throws the bat will be given one warning, the next time the same player throws the bat, an out will be recorded whether the ball was hit or not. If the ball was safely hit, all base runners will return to the base that they previously occupied.
1. A maximum of ten defensive players will be used, consisting of a pitcher, a catcher, four infielders and four outfielders.
2. Outfielders must remain in the outfield grass, and may not play in the infield area.
3. A defensive player will occupy the pitchers position on either side of the adult pitcher. The defensive player may not be positioned in front of the pitching rubber.
4. Catchers must wear required protective gear, consisting of shin guards, a chest protector and catcher's helmet.
5. Managers are encouraged to give infield and outfield opportunities to all players.
6. Managers are allowed to reposition players during an inning. This may be necessary in cases where a less experienced player is in the infield, and a more experienced batter comes to the plate.
7. A maximum of 3 Coaches are allowed to be on the field to provide instruction when his/her team is on defense. The coach must position him/herself behind the infielders.
8. If a coach that is on the field with the defensive team is struck by a batted ball, the batter and all base runners will be awarded (2) bases.
9. For obvious reasons, there will be no infield fly rule in this division.