1. No score will be kept for minor games. As such there will be no team standings.
2. There will be a playoff tournament held at the conclusion of the regular season, in which score will be kept. Brackets will be drawn up based on the number of teams, bracket positions will be initially determined by random selection (pick from a hat).
3. A minimum of 8 players per team will be needed to conduct a game. In cases where a team has 7 or fewer players from its own team, the game will be recorded as a forfeit but will be played if possible using borrowed players.
4. Game times will be 90 minutes drop dead or 7 complete innings, whichever is first. It is the responsibility of both managers and the umpire to monitor the game time so that it is concluded in 90 minutes. A 3 inning game shall be considered a full game.
5. An 11 inch ASA official softball will be used for all games.
6. ASA rules will be in force unless otherwise specified in our house playing rules.
7. Playoffs will be played with no new inning after 80 minutes and the unlimted run inning will be declared approximately after one hour of game time. Example: A new inning should be played if game time is at 79 minutes.
1. A continuous batting order must be used; free defensive substitutions are allowed.
2. If a player arrives late to a game, the player may be used immediately as a defensive substitute. The player will be added to last position in the batting order and will take a turn at bat, even if the team has already batted through the line-up once. For example, if a team has 11 players to start a game, and a 12th player arrived during the game, that player will assume the 12 position in the batting order.
3. If a player needs to leave a game early simply remove the player from the line-up. The team will not take an out when the player is scheduled to bat. The player may not return to the line-up for the remainder of the game, but may be used as a defensive substitute.
4. If a player becomes injured and must leave the game an out will not be recorded for the player’s turn at bat. The player may not return to the line-up once the player has missed her turn at bat, but may return as a defensive substitute.
1. Walking will be allowed.
2. A continuous batting order shall be used in all games.
3. Pitching machines, coaches pitching, and hitting tees are not permitted in this division.
4. Batters must wear proper head gear when at the plate, which includes a helmet with a face guard.
5. A maximum of 4 runs can be scored in an inning.
6. Each player that throws the bat will be given one warning, the next time the same player throws the bat, an out will be recorded whether the ball was hit or not. If the ball was safely hit, all base runners will return to the base that they previously occupied. When warnings are necessary, the umpire will inform the coach that a warning has been given, and will record the player’s uniform number on his/her line-up card.
7. Bunting is allowed, but no slash-bunting for player safety purposes. A slash bunt occurs when a batter assumes the bunt position, and then pulls that bat back in order to swing at the pitch.
1. A maximum of ten defensive players will be used, consisting of a pitcher, a catcher, four infielders and four outfielders.
2. Pitching distance will be 35 feet. There are no league restrictions regarding the number of innings a pitcher may pitch. Pitchers will be allowed to leave and re-enter at any time.
3. Infielders may not be positioned closer than the pitcher’s mound as the pitch is thrown. Infielders will be able to charge after the pitch is thrown when the batter is bunting.
4. Outfielders must remain in the outfield grass, and may not play in the infield area.
5. No player shall sit on the bench for two or more consecutive innings.
6. Catchers must wear required protective gear, consisting of shin guards, a chest protector and catcher’s helmet.
7. Managers are encouraged to give infield and outfield opportunities to all players.
8. Managers are allowed to reposition players during an inning. This may be necessary in cases where a less experienced player is in the infield, and a more experienced batter comes to the plate.
9. Managers are not allowed in the field of play.
10. There will be no infield fly rule in this division.
1. Stealing of bases will be allowed, a maximum advancement of one base is allowed, with the liability of being put out. Advancement is not allowed on an overthrow or other error.
2. The base runner may not leave the base until the release of the pitch.
3. Base runners are encouraged to slide into the base unless no attempt is made to put out the base runner.
4. Stealing of home will be allowed.
5. Delayed stealing will not be allowed in this division.
6. Batters will not be able to steal 1st base on a dropped 3rd strike.