1. Scores and standings will be kept for all Major Division games.
2. There will be a playoff tournament held at the conclusion of the regular season. Brackets will be drawn up based on the number of teams, bracket positions will be initially determined by random selection (pick from a hat).
3. A minimum of 8 players per team will be needed to conduct a game. In cases where a team has 7 or fewer players from its own team, the game can be played using borrowed players from the other team. Borrowed players should play outfield positions for the shorthanded team. All players should bat for their designated team. Games will be played without penalty of forfeit.
4. Game times will consist of no new inning played after 80 minutes of play or 7 complete innings, whichever is first. The unlimited inning can be declared approximately after 60 minutes of play. It is the responsibility of both managers and the umpire to all be aware of game start time and unlimed inning. If total time is at 79 minutes, then another inning should be played. A 3 inning game shall be considered a full game.
5. A 12 inch ASA official softball will be used for all games.
6. ASA rules will be in force unless otherwise specified in our house playing rules.
1. A continuous batting order must be used; free defensive substitutions are allowed.
2. If a player arrives late to a game, the player may be used immediately as a defensive substitute. The player will be added to last position in the batting order and will take a turn at bat, even if the team has already batted through the line-up once. For example, if a team has 11 players to start a game, and a 12th player arrived during the game, that player will assume the 12 position in the batting order.
3. If a player needs to leave a game early simply remove the player from the line-up. The team will not take an out when the player is scheduled to bat. The player may not return to the line-up for the remainder of the game, but may be used as a defensive substitute.
4. If a player becomes injured and must leave the game an out will not be recorded for the player’s turn at bat. The player may not return to the line-up once the player has missed her turn at bat, but may return as a defensive substitute.
1. A continuous batting order shall be used in all games.
2. Batters must wear proper head gear when at the plate, which includes a helmet with a face guard.
3. A maximum of 4 runs can be scored in an inning, except for the last inning. There will be a 12 run mercy rule after 4 innings. In the last inning runs scored are unlimited. Managers of both teams will be notified by the umpire that the last inning has been declared, based on time constraints. Managers must be notified prior to start of the last inning.
4. Each player that throws the bat will be given one warning, the next time the same player throws the bat, an out will be recorded whether the ball was hit or not. If the ball was safely hit, all base runners will return to the base that they previously occupied. When warnings are necessary, the umpire will inform the coach that a warning has been given, and will record the player’s uniform number on his/her line-up card.
5. Bunting is allowed, but no slap-bunting for player safety purposes. A slap bunt occurs when a batter assumes the bunt position, and then pulls that bat back in order to swing at the pitch.
1. A maximum of tem defensive players will be used, consisting of a pitcher, a catcher, four infielders and four outfielders.
2. Pitching distance will be 43 feet. There are no league restrictions regarding the number of innings a pitcher may pitch. Pitchers will be allowed to leave and re-enter at any time.
3. The pitcher will not be required to place two feet on the pitching rubber when pitching.
4. Infielders may not be positioned closer than the pitcher’s mound as the pitch is thrown. Infielders will be able to charge after the pitch is thrown when the batter is bunting.
5. Outfielders must remain in the outfield grass, and may not play in the infield area.
6. No player shall sit on the bench for two or more consecutive innings.
7. Managers are encouraged to give infield and outfield opportunities to all players.
8. Managers are allowed to reposition players during an inning. This may be necessary in cases where a less experienced player is in the infield, and a more experienced batter comes to the plate.
1. Stealing of bases, including home, will be allowed upon the pitchers release of the ball with no limitation.
2. Base runners are encouraged to slide into the base unless no attempt is made to put out the base runner.
3. Delayed stealing will be allowed per ASA rules.
4. Batters will be able to steal 1st base on a dropped 3rd strike per ASA rules.